Monday, March 23, 2009

Protect my Capsicums from Possums.

This morning when my son went kindergarten, I hurried to Kmart and Bunnings to scout for a large laundry hamper/bin. Great! Found one that costs only $6 with a cover, lots of holes. I am using it as a protector for my capsicum at night. Lots of holes so the sun can still reach my two capsicum plants even in the mornings, and great ventilation as well. I believe that would deter the possums from eating my capsicums. This bin will also be utilised as an autmn leaves bin as I am going to use it to make leaf mould once I gather enough autumn leaves, from the plum, peach and pear trees which will drop their leaves soon. Below is the pot with two holes left by the possums. Wondering why they would be interested in fruit stones? Nevermind I have lots of seeds to spare. My friend told me her capsicums also had been attacked in another suburb and we both think the bite marks resemble those made by possums. It's better to take measures. I will leave the tomatoes for them but nothing else. :P

No comments:

Blog Archive

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541