Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Recently, my son and I have gone more into bird-feeding and bird-watching. We have scattered some seeds around the grevillea tree (back garden out of the kitchen window) and also under the plum tree (front garden out of my son's window)
One of the mynahs decided to take shelter on my neighbour's toilet window when rain poured.
Friday, August 26, 2011
It was a really busy 3 hours I had out in the garden last Saturday. I :
- pruned my chilli padi plants.
- thinned out my pak choy and gai choy/mustard green seedlings.
- built a shade for my transplanted green globe artichoke plants & trimmed them.
- sowed sweet corn and other vege seeds.
- sowed lucerne seeds for green manure.
- did watering.
- deadheaded my daisy bushes.
- deadheaded my King Alfred daffodils.
New chives emerging from the soil. Oh I just loving seeing life spring forth from the dead ground!
I sowed some yellow capsicum, kang kong (water spinach), egg plant, cucumber and lady's finger seeds.
- ► 2011 (46)
- ► 2010 (50)
- ► 2009 (125)