Monday, November 9, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Here's what I have done today :
1. Pruned my cayenne pepper. It is shooting so much that I have to sacrifice some flowers and new baby chillies so that the growing can reach maturity. I really hope to get my hands on some chilli padi plants soon.
2. Wrapped plastic around more peaches which are maturing in size. The birds have really been feasting on them and they are horrible as in they eat a little on this peach and a little on another. Looks like the netting did not help fantastically. It cannot wrap fully and they can still enter and perch on the branches to eat. I used pegs to hold the net edges together. Hopefully that will work.
3. Took two bites out of the only pear left on the tree. It has grown to a normal size I find in supermarket and ripening. Gave the remainder to Marco who happily munch it off.
4. Fertilised the small orange tree as its fruits are growing to sizes of limes.
5. Harvested some sprigs of rosemary, curry plant and stalks of lavendar flowers.
6. Inspected my worm farm to see if worm castings are any ready to be collected. I am still very confused with this worm farm thingy. I had better seek help soon!
7. Filtered the dandelion tea. Stinking liquid but alright, not too bad.
8. Sown some thai basil seeds. Hope it works!
9. Applied seasol to all the plants that have not been given it since a month ago, based on my gardening records.
10. Repotted my aloe vera as it did not seem to be growing well at the tips (browning and shrivelling). Perhaps my potting mix was too rich (as I have added some composted cow manure). Hope it works this round with premium potting mix + coarse sand + small pebbles (for drainage).
11. Planted three aloe vera pieces which I have harvested from the main plant.
12. Potted on the lemon grass into a 30cm pot.
13. Planted more rooted mint cuttings.
14. Planted another rooted rosemary cutting.
15. Sown oriental radish seeds at the prepared vegetable patch. 16. Squashing irritating caterpillars from my buk choy! Find new ones almost every day. I ought to get down doing the wire cage...I have so many things to do. :P
Friday, February 20, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Saturday, December 13, 2008
- ► 2011 (46)
- ► 2010 (50)
- ► 2009 (125)