Thursday, June 4, 2009

Nasturtium & Capsicum Damage, Chillies

Just as I was getting over some damage in my garden (chilli and oriental radish and snow peas plants being eaten..purple king disappearing...), I suffered another blow. This morning as I was out checking my cayenne pepper, I was glad to find it was not eaten last night after I wrapped a plastic sheet around it. However, I was greeted with worse horror - my capsicum plants at the vege patch was ruined, under the cage! Capsicums eaten half, leaves almost all shredded on one. Fortunately the cuprit left one capsicum plant untouched.These bugs are small enough to get through the holes in the cage. I am beginning to suspect that they were the ones who took my whole purple king, not possums. My new nasturtiums were not spared either. I have since shifted the first pot of nasturtiums to the front yard to avoid further horror.
My chillies seem to be responding to the cold. Not sure really since this is their first winter. The edges of their leaves are turning a little black. I know black on leaves are frost-bites but it is not that cold yet.
Some invaders have been feeding on the leaves of my cayenne pepper and chopping off stems.

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541