Sunday, May 2, 2010

Woo Hoo! Sweet Potatoes!

I have not written any entry for a long while. This is because my internet has been slow as a snail. There is so much to update. My sweet potatoe vines are doing so well. Besides harvesting its young shoots several times for stir fry, I have started to harvest the tubers too.
A look at the beautiful yummy leaves.
The tubers have exploded out of the ground.
I am feeling very excited though I was not really planting sweet potatoes for their tubers but more for their leaves.
My first harvest! I gave some away and used some for pork porridge.
My second harvest! I have used it for an Asian dessert called bo bo cha cha.

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541