Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bitter Melon, Chilli Fire Harvests.

Another pride and joy this season, besides my cucumbers, eggplant, lemongrass, strawberries, chillies, sweet potatoes, is my bittermelon. Several of them harvested and several to come. What a sense of satisfaction! One bittermelon for dinner at my friend's house. Her mum commented that it was very pretty.
Loads of green chillies harvested for pickled chillies. And two melons.
These are my mum's hand harvesting the green chillies.
Yet another bowl of harvest.
I have made four jars of pickled green chillies which we take out for dinners at restaurants.
Another bittermelon and a bunch of purple king beans.
More to come.
More more more....
:)

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541