Monday, May 11, 2015

Lemongrass and Ginger Growing

My poor neglected blog. It's been months since I blogged. Life has been so busy!!!

I have been quite successful with growing lemongrass this time.  I think the trick is to plant them in the ground with good soil.  I have done so in pots due to renting but they did not do well.  Finally there's good result :
And hooray I am absolutely stoked that I have success with ginger growing this year! It's difficult to grow them in Melbourne since I am in a temperate area.  But the piece that I grew in a pot with good potting mix and composted manure did excellently! I harvested a piece recently and it was fat and fresh!
                                       


Since winter is fast approaching, I have designed and erected some form of protection over my tropical spice growing in the garden. I hope it works!

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541