Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Carolina Black Rose Grape Vine

Is that a cluster of future grapes?? I am not sure as I have never seen grape flowers before. But it is something which I have never seen before on my grape vine so I assume this is a flower cluster. Anticipating my first crop of grapes this year!
I pretty much pruned my grape vine based on my instinct in winter.  Obviously I have made some mistakes. Some of the new shoots that emerged are growing against the overhead beam and I had to adjust the branch to give the shoots room to grow.

I take pictures of new shoots as references so I can look back next winter to improve my pruning work.
Here's another shoot growing against the beam.

Here's how my grape vine is growing along the beams.

2 comments:

Scarecrow said...

Ya!!! for grape flowers!!!!

I hope you will get to taste the grapes this year and I hope they are good!

Savvy Mummy said...

Yes hopefully! At least my dog did not nip off the branches last autumn or I would have to wait longer.

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541