Thursday, March 24, 2011

Both Clementis The President Flower...Yummy Brown Turkey Figs...

On the fifth day after transplanting into a larger pot, both my newly acquired Clementis The President have their single flower buds open. Such a beautiful colour. It reminds me of both my blue Senetti which sadly died after planting into the ground.
Out of the all the figs (brown turkey) that I have picked this season, these two have those 'scar-like' marks on them. I believe this is known as 'split fruits'. Too much watering can cause this. Fortunately they have not split open yet and we still could enjoy eating them!
I am obviously not looking forward to finishing my figs on both trees. They are so delicious I wish I have more. Hopefully next year. I shall give the two trees a good fertilising with compost soon. By the way, we have decided to name one fig tree 'Figgy' and the shorter Flemings fig tree 'Big Fig'. The former is named by me and the latter is by my son.

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541