Sunday, January 16, 2011

Rain Rain Rain....What a Cool Summer!

For the last three years, we have had really hot summers, making me very very busy in the summer garden. For a change, this year's summer has been mild and we had lots of rain. I love this and wish every summer is that nice. But I know that I still need lots of warm sunshine to help the garden grow, as some veges are growing like snail due to the lack of sunshine such as my bitter melon plants and pak choy. So far this year, I have had only 3 white cloths up to shield delicate plants from the harsh sun on several occasions. Last year I had so much up.
Here's pictures of rain late late last week.
My 3YO capsicum plant is bearing fruits.
I did not realise that burdock leaves can go that huge. My palm takes up just about a corner on that leaf.
Been eating strawberries as I walk along the back garden.
Oh my gorgeous pure white fragrant lilies have opened. Very pretty and very fragrant!
I used the chance to educate my boy about the male and female parts of the flower.
Here's where the clump of lilies I have planted.
A few smaller chilli fire chillies have ripened. This is the first time the chillies have ripened. Last year all of them did not because I planted this plant late. I turned all green chillies into pickled chillies.
I cannot stop snapping pictures of my tomatoes. Here's a large single one.
And another one.
I collected about 1 kg or more of tomatoes and turn them into chopped tomatoes to be frozen.
And peaches too!
I also snapped a picture from my son's bedroom window one morning. How lush and green is the lawn!!!

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541