Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bitter Melon, Pioneer Stringless & Strawberry Delight

A bunch of parsley for baking dog biscuits to freshen up Marco's breath, and a bunch of buk choy for lunch.
My aloe vera plant is really huge now with lots of growing pups.
I sliced off one piece for soothing a bit of itchy skin.
Hooray! Another eggplant is growing!
Two bunches of sweet strawberries growing from the two plants I have successfully propagated from the parent strawberry delight plant. As the two plants are under nets, they are growing very well without much pest disturbance.
Beans Pioneer Stringless are ready for harvesting. Going to simply blanch them in boiling water. They are named as such because there is no strings to be removed from their sides, unlike some beans.
My harvest of my first bitter melon/bittergourd and a bunch of beans Pioneer Stringless.
My pot of Kalanchoe has been attacked by caterpillars again though it was netted.
It's a new caterpillar which I have not seen before. It's colour is very similar to the kalanchoe branches but still not difficult to spot. I found more than a dozen!

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541