Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Harvesting Peaches, Tomatoes, Eggplant and Buk Choy

My eggplant (supreme) had at least a dozen of flowers but only one eggplant maturing so far. In order not to have too many seeds forming in the eggplant, I harvested it together with a bunch of tomatoes (did not wait till fully ripen this time) and a bunch of delicious crisp green buk choy.
I usually hang out in the back garden and the two tomato silvery fir out on the front do not get enough attention from me. One inspection one evening showed caterpillars tunnelling through the tomatoes. I wonder if they are cornear caterpillars because they do look similar to the other caterpillars I had caught. I left two attacked tomatoes with the caterpillars in a jar and see if I can see any moths forming.
Samuel helped me to harvest one lone ripening tomato :
And I had these harvested as well...more tomato silvery fir (almost ripe ones) and three peach (pixzee). Yummy!

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541