Thursday, January 21, 2010

All the Creepers and Climbers.

I have great love for climbers and creepers especially when they look beautiful and produce edible food. My six sweet potato creepers have taken over most of the mulching among the golden sheens. It is almost time for some harvesting of their leaves : I have fallen in love with growing cucumbers. They are such joy! These two vines which I grew from seeds have started producing cucumbers from the bottom and now up. Once there are new shoots, new female flowers developed. This specie I have is called cucumber burpless and has no bitter taste. I am having more cucumbers to eat soon :
My grape carolina black rose is climbing up the trellis and looking really pretty. Need to research more on its pruning and training it up my pongola :
Passionfruit Panama Gold is doing well up its trellis in front of the shed. Rough start I had with it due to pest attack but hopefully it will grow well to produce lots of yummy passionfruits :
This bittermelon which I grew from seed is very gorgeous because of its decorative leaves. Unfortunately the melons it is producing are remaining small. I havent got a single mature melon so far. Well, at least it looks too pretty for me to pull it off :

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541