Sunday, August 2, 2009

Signs of Life

Although it is still winter, the fruit trees in the backyard are showing that they are not so dormant after all. A lot is actually going on and here are just three : One of the plum trees, which produced just a few maroonish tiny and round but sweet plums this year, is already putting forth its beautiful white-pink plum blossoms. Scent-wise is mild.
The rest of the plum trees are also putting on buds. This is another type of plum tree and I am not sure by the time I move out, if I am able to see the beautiful blooms. It would be spectacular like what I witnessed end of last year from my living room window.
The pear tree is also having its spurs I think. It is a pity I only had a bite of one of its pears this year, the rest being eaten by feathered looters.

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541