Thursday, May 3, 2012

A New Season For Our Family & Saffron Crocus

I have not been blogging for a while. This is because our family is expecting a new baby. We are all excited once again, especially after I suffered a miscarriage two years ago. From 5th week onwards, I was feeling nausea and strangely, depressed. I also lost my appetite and ended up lying on the couch every day. It was towards the 9th week that I was more back to myself. I ate more, had more energy but still could not do much. Currently I am going 16th week and feeling much better. Also, we are expecting a baby boy! Little Man is so excited cos he really wanted a baby brother over a baby sister.  I feel rather weird as I have lost all my interest in gardening. But I still have a fair list of to-dos before winter sets in. The garden still needs quite a bit of attention and thankfully, Hubby is helping me with most of the work.

By the way, we had Saffron blooming this year. Such beautiful flowers with edible orangy-red stigmas. I did not harvest any stigmas this year, I just admired the flowers and took in its mild fragrance.


This will be the last post from me at least for the time being.

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541