Saturday, August 6, 2011

It's a Colder Winter! Back Garden Update.

It's been donkey time I have updated my blog. I have not been planting very much this winter. Thought of resting myself and having more important priorities at the moment. I am still maintaining the garden though and the work never seems ending. My 3 chilli padi plants are still ripening their chillies. This year, the crop is very abundant. At least a hundred chillies or even more.

Arent the leaves of the choko pretty? The vine is growing very well in the pot. Come spring I will find a location in the garden to plant it permanently. I stir-fried two shop-bought chokos few days ago and they are really yummy. The whole family loves it.
The strawberry delight plantlets are doing okay and I would give a few of them away.
Here's the saffron crocus in the pot. Looks like grass. I wont get a crop this year. It will only flower in the next season.
Green Pak choy sprouting in the pot of chilli padi plants and also in the fig tree pot. They were seeds which came from the compost bin. I have thrown empty seed pods to be composted and they still contain some seeds, so when the compost was used as fertiliser, the seeds sprouted. A good thing!
My kaffir lime plant is doing well now in winter. I saw that one small box is sold for $4 in the supermarket! That makes my plant very very expensive!!! I use the leaves a fair bit for cooking. Fragrant!!
This is plot F. Sorry picture was not rotated. I grew some clover and biomustard here to clean and fertilise the soil.
Finally pruned my grape vine. I do hope I have done the right job and hope for some grapes next year.
Also pruned my blackcurrent bush. The new buds are swelling.
This little pot of kalanchoe is flowering. I propagated it from the mother plant and it was successful. Very proud of myself hehe...

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541