Saturday, October 30, 2010

Old and New Flowers.

My two hydrangeas are blooming. They do much better under shade but the spots I have planted them in can get quite a bit of sun and they wilt and burn very easily. I have to water them a lot and put a protective white cloth over them.
Well, the blooms did not turn out blue when the they opened. I think my soil is acidic. And I really dont mind enjoying the pink blooms too. They are pretty too. I have added some garden lime to increase the pH and hopefully soon I can enjoy blue blooms too.
As usual, my beautiful french lavender never fails to make me smile. The aroma is so wonderful and watching the happy bees flying to their flowers has this soothing effect upon me.
This is one of the two Sethi Baby blue I have bought and I have them planted at the patch next to the garage. The flowers are extremely pretty in real life :
My son and my little neighbour were enjoying a fun time playing with bubbles in the midst of the lavender Avon View and white daisies :
Fewh! My Protea Pink Ice survived and is currently putting on new leaves and tiny flower buds. I am very relieved indeed. I really find the flowers very pretty and have spent quite a sum acquiring this native tree :
And this lovely Jasmine which I have planted in the back garden next to the green fence. I will let it cover up this fence and the aroma in mid-day can make me stand on the spot and just enjoy......

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541