Thursday, December 17, 2009

39 Degrees Celsius & Windy!

I was kept rather busy yesterday with the hot and windy weather. Was better prepared this year but still not good enough. Probably because I am now on a new property. The night before this hot day, I had moved most portable/lighter pots into shelther : I did not have enough white cloth so I could only shield part of the patch next to the garage :
Ended up using my hubby's old work shirt to shield my bitter melon but it worked now that it is still short :
Kaffir lime, eggplant supreme, lemongrass at Patch C & cyclamens at Patch D were also shielded by pieces of white cloth :
Patch A has a piece of beige tablecloth and I used it on my purple king. Not on the tomato beef steak since it has not produced a single fruit and taking up so much space :
Some heavier pots were under white cloth and a layer of netting. The strong wind beat at the cloth and I had to secured the four corners with strings :
Patch F was also protected by white cloth :
With this, the whole garden did not suffer a single casualty. The front garden was not covered but I had hubby watered the whole of it first thing in the morning since we were within water restrictions time. By 6pm, the air was still hot and stuffy. I went out to remove the white cloth as the next day was a real change of weather...cloudy and possible thunderstorm! Think the weather here in Melbourne changes faster than a woman's mood haha...

No comments:

Blog Archive

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541