Saturday, July 4, 2009

Lots of Showers! Another 300 Litres!

Showers these few days...collected 300 litres again - front and backyards combined! Just right when the previous batch of collection was almost finished! Okay, I dont want anymore rain. The peach tree on this rental property has already put on new buds, dripping with rain water.
Are these clover or chickweeds? They are growing very well. I wish I have a goat. It will surely eat up all these for me.
The two rosemarys grown from some roadside cuttings...doing very well putting on new shoots but this specie has very fine leaves.
One (below) of the three pots of rosemarys propagated from the original plant. This one has not got any powdery mildew and putting on new shoots. Somehow I love propagating rosemarys because I feel a sense of achievement when I succeed as they are challenging to propagate.
I have forgotten to cover my vietnamese mint/laksa plant but well they seem to not mind the cold rain and cold nights. They are the easiest to grow in my garden - root easily, steady-growers, non-demanding and pest-free.
The lone spinach (below) has put on more leaves...slowly.
The snow pea seedlings are getting a little sunshine here and there this morning. With the rain, I can only open up the covers in the morning and replace the covers in the evening.
Likewise for the oriental radishes. I open their covers in the morning.
The three snow peas in the green house are growing well. I have to transfer them to the ground soon. When the rain goes.
My spring onions grown from bulbs have been producing a few rounds of harvest...I am too lazy to harvest cos I am not sure what to do with it...
These (below) are spring onions from seeds...Organic seeds...
The original pot of rosemary and the two babies looking like white christmas trees because I have drenched them with fungicide. Hope the powdery mildew wont return!

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541