Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Preparing To Go Holiday!

I was looking forward for a good holiday in Tasmania but certainly had concerns over some of my plants, especially the vietnamese mints and common mints. I learnt that they are not cold-hardy. So I cut some stems to stand in water while I was away for two weeks, at least I would have some rooted to grow in case those in the garden die. I also made a topless cloche around my pots of capsicum, lemon verbena, curry plant, chilli padi seedlings and vietnamese mint. This should keep them out from too much cold at night and at the same time, they still can access sunshine.
For this large pot of vietnamese mint, I build a topless cloche around the pot with plastic and stakes.
For some mysterious reasons, my snow pea seedlings have been chopped down overnight. No snow peas for now.
I potted on the small pot of common mint and did the same cloche around it.
My other pot of common mint somehow has developed purplish tinge around some leaves. It is puzzling to have this problem before I leave. I sent this pot to my neighbour so that she can monitor its progress.
Okay. Let go and not think about my garden for two weeks! Hope for no casualty.

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541