Friday, April 24, 2009

Swelling Capsicums, Glossy-leafed Avocado Plant.

I have had a really busy and tiring week. I had a back-breaking 5.5 hours hoeing up dandelions and lamb's tongue at the new property over two days. My heart practically broke at the sight of the weed patch on the front and left side of the house. Dandelions and lamb's tongue were everywhere!!!
______________________
Armed with a low stool, a mini hoe, a pair of gardening gloves and unyielding determination (well, there were moments of 'despair'), I finally cleared about 200m2 of weeds. Just before the rain came. Yes, I hope that the rain will drench the dry hard earth and soften it enough for me to sow lawn seeds successfully. If grass can grow and fill up the empty patches, then it would make it difficult for the weeds to grow. However for the time being, regular inspection and weeding are essential jobs!
The pots here on the rental property have been relocated to another area along the fence. As it is mid-autumn, the sun's position has changed and they no longer get enough sun. Hence, the relocation to receive maximum sunlight. The beautiful avocado plant at the vege patch. I hope that I would be able to pot it onto a large pot for ornamental purpose but I am really not sure if it will do well in potting mix, compared to the soil.
One of the two capsicum plants at the vege patch putting out three capsicums all at once.
Another plant giving a large capsicum here, after I prematurely harvested a smaller one some weeks back.
The capsicum in the pot has fruits or irregular shape and developing at a slower pace.

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541