Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Safe Milk Bottles And Toddler Cups II

I have managed to send all of my son's Avent's polycarbonate (#7 plastic) milk bottles for recycling. I went shopping on Sunday and was trying to find some bottles which are made of Polypropylene (#5 plastic/PP). I found Pigeon's MagMag (there are two types - one could be made of clear polycarbonate and another type is made of safe polypropylene) bottles which can be fitted with wide-necked teats, spouts or straws but the maximum volume is 150ml. You can go up to 200ml but that is right to the brim! Medela's bottles have the same small volumes and they are not cheap. 3 for about $30 and that does not include bottle caps and teats. After much consideration, I bought Aprica's milk bottles and Mug Kiss (which is a toddler cup with straw). They are lovely! And they were on promotion. I got the two bottles and the Mug Kiss for $49. That did not include the expensive Aprica teats or extra straws but it was fine. Aprica is a Japanese brand and now they produce their products in China. It does not matter to me as I believe the quality assurance is surely trustworthy. The milk bottles actually come with anti-colic features as well. It is a little troublesome to use and wash extra spare-parts but I guess I will adapt to it fast. The material used for the bottles and Mug Kiss is polypropylene and is safe and does not leak Bisphenol-A. Now, I can use these for my boy with peace of mind.

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541