Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Work That Almost Killed Us.

We spent last weekend plus Monday rotary hoeing the soil, mixing in sandy loam, gypsum...etc and levelling the ground. We were almost dead on the first day but subsequently it got better. We had some wonderful friends who came over to help here and there. Finally the ground is ready for new turf. Can't wait! This strip on the front lawn is going to have a little grass on either end whereas the middle will be used for vege planting. Existing soil seems good.
The whole ground next to the path is covered with weed mat since my new turf can only arrrive next week.
This the the back garden :
Lots of top soil (sandy loam) left so I have purchased a vege bed to put it in :
Though the soil does not look a lot, it is actually a lot! I spent 5 hours shovelling it into wheelbarrow and unloading it onto the front and back yard as I could not park my car in the garage since the soil is blocking the way. Weather forecast say it may hail on Saturday and I had better get my car into the garage for shelther. Surely not interested in getting dints on my car.

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541