Friday, July 3, 2009

The Life of My Nasturtiums

I sowed the nasturtium seeds on 22 Feb this year (2009). When they sprouted, the seedlings looked really pale and sickly and they grew into rather sickly-looking plants. However, today, still in the same pot they have started out, they are producing many gorgeous orange and yellow blossoms. Everything from the plant is actually edible and can be used in salads...but I am not trying...haha
The picture below was taken right after I returned from Tasmania. The pot was growing so well from neglect :P.
I love nasturtiums for their beautiful round leaves. My son and I love dropping water on these glossy waterproof leaves...the water droplets look like silver mercury rolling about on the leaves. We can play game with the leaves...haha...
The picture below was taken before my Tasmania trip. The pot was not doing fantastically well. I had put it under netting as they are prone to aphids attack.
The picture here shows the young nasturtiums doing a bit better after addition of vermicompost from my worm farm.
This picture shows how pathetic looking the seedlings were in the beginning.

No comments:

"All that mankind needs for good health and healing is provided by God in nature...the challenge of Science is to find it." - Paracelcus, the father of Pharmcology, 1493 - 1541